Location: New Delhi
Date of joining: 1 April 2015
Contract duration: One year (extendable)
Salary: comparable to Indian NGOs.
The Legal & Advocacy Officer will work on research and policy issues pertaining to intellectual property and other fields of law in conjunction with the right to health and access to medicines. This includes engaging with policy-makers, technical experts, civil society organisations and community networks on a regular basis. S/he will also take up health-related public litigation interventions and client advice.
- Researching and writing reports, articles and papers on specific policy issues;
- Strategising and implementing programme efforts with the team;
- Legal drafting and filing public interest litigations;
- Representing the organisation at regional, national and international events, meetings, trainings, etc;
- Organising meetings, seminars and other activities towards AMTC’s advocacy work;
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- Any additional relevant qualifications in the fields of Health/Science/Social Sciences will be considered an advantage.
- 0-3 years experience in litigation/research/non-governmental organisation
Interested candidates please send in a writing sample and an updated CV to email@example.com latest by the 28 of February 2015.
To read more about our Organisation and the work of the Affordable Medicines and Treatment Campaign (AMTC) team please visit our website; http://www.lawyerscollective.org/access-to-medicine/atm-background.html